- FACT: Mercury is the most poisonous non-radioactive substance on the planet. Only plutonium is more toxic!
- FACT: All mercury fillings leak substantial amounts of toxic mercury vapor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, throughout your lifetime.Mercury from fillings produce the majority of human exposure to mercury. There’s no such thing as a safe mercury filling.
- FACT: Based on the known toxic potentials of mercury and its documented release from dental amalgams, usage of mercury-containing amalgam increases the health risk of patients, the dentists, and the personnel. –the International Conference on Biocompatibility of Materials, November, 1988.
- FACT: Mercury is stored in every cell in your body; but especially in the brain (that is – your central nervous system = CNS). Mercury vapor from mercury fillings is readily absorbed and kills your nerves.
- FACT: Scientific research has shown high levels of mercury in the brains of individuals who died from Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). Other research is demonstrating mercury can cause similar pathological effects in the brain as seen in Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and AD. Laboratory studies of spinal fluid from ALS and AD patients has confirmed that mercury inhibits key brain detoxification enzyme systems.
- FACT: Mercury is a powerful poison. Published research has shown that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, and even arsenic. Furthermore, there is no known toxic threshold for mercury vapor and world renowned mercury toxicologists have stated that no amount of exposure to mercury vapor can be considered totally harmless.
- FACT: Mercury is released continuously form set amalgam for the life of the filling.
- FACT: Mercury causes single strand breaks in DNA and it causes a reduction in immune function.
- FACT: Mercury binds to proteins in the body and begins a chain of autoimmune disease
- FACT: Mercury from amalgam causes kidney disease and other kidney dysfunction
- FACT: Mercury from amalgam can have a devastating effect on cardiac function and concentrates in the Central Nervous System
- FACT: The brain accumulates about 10 times more mercury after exposure to mercury vapour,
compared to equal amounts of mercuric ions being injected or ingested
- FACT: Mercury does bypass the blood brain barrier and enter motor neurons
- FACT: Mercury from amalgam has been directly related to many neurologic disease including motor neurone disease, MS, Parkinson’s and glioblastomas
Call us at 610-365-5000 for more information.